felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: OBR Resource from a Bundle
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:53:32 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> writes:

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

> I think I slightly modified the original OBR interfaces, though, but
> we can probably deal with that by extending the original interface
> definitions.

This looks easy to achieve.

> Regardless, this means that it may now be possible to use
> ManifestParser to convert manifests to capabilities/
> requirements...or at least it will be in the future. So, we have an
> option now of using the existing OBR approach or adopting the
> ManifestParser if it will be sufficient (or moving in that direction
> later if need be).

I started looking into using ManifestParser. A problem arises with the
ManifestParser constructor. First, I need to get ahold of a
PropertyResolver instance. The Felix class exposes one with
getConfig(), but I can't get back "out" to Felix from within one of my

The logger and headerMap parameters are easy enough to provide. If I
knew how to get a PropertyResolver from within a bundle, I could start
experimenting with using ManifestParser to write the Bundle->Resource
conversion function.

Steven E. Harris

View raw message