felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: OBR Resource from a Bundle
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:33:07 GMT
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> writes:

> On the other hand, if you can wait a couple of weeks, then maybe I
> can clear enough off of my plate to help in the process.

Yes, I can wait, as I decided yesterday to try pursuing the alternate
path of using a filter to "discover" the target bundle rather than
trying to work with a Bundle instance already in hand.

Instead of assuming that I have an installed bundle that I'm trying to
make resolvable by having OBR install its dependencies, I'm assuming I
have nothing installed and am trying to fetch that target bundle from
a repository, given its symbolic name. So far this works just as well,
modulo the start-up discrepancy being discussed in a parallel thread.

> The main issue here is that we still have a bit of unsettled stuff
> from the transition to using capabilities/requirements in Felix, so
> the main priority in refactoring the code is dealing with those set
> of changes first.

I see. I'll follow along and help where possible.

Steven E. Harris

View raw message