felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven E. Harris" <...@panix.com>
Subject Bundle plugin/BND question -- Service-Component header
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:48:44 GMT
The BND documentation┬╣ states that a Service-Component reference with a
lowercase name provokes a bean-style "set" method to be mentioned in
the generated XML resource:

,----[ Service-Component Header section ]
| In that case the reference is augmented with a set<Name> method
| according to the standard bean rules. An unset<Name> method is added
| when the name appears in the list that is given to the dynamic
| directive.

Note the second sentence, which says that a corresponding "unset"
method will be mentioned if the reference is noted as being of
"dynamic" policy.

Later the document states that the default policy is "static":

| The defaults are therefore aligned with the SCR: a cardinality of
| 1..1, and static policy.

However, I notice that with a maven-bundle-plugin directive like this:

The resulting OSGI-INF/com.foo.impl.BarImpl.xml file contains a
"reference" element like so:

    <reference name='quux'

Note the presence of the "unbind" attribute. This conflicts with the
documentation above that states that the unbind method will only be
mentioned for "dynamic" policies.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug in BND?

┬╣ http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd

Steven E. Harris

View raw message