felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: OBR Resolver.deploy() and framework start level
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:05:17 GMT
Hi,

On 2/10/07, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:

> [....] I think OBR should be a deployment tool only. I think it should
> be kept as simple as possible, but no simpler to its job. We can create
> another tool to manage the run-time life cycles of bundles...

This is exactly, what I was going to say. Hence I completely agree.

Imagine some tool that allowed you to use OBR to deploy a resolved set
> of bundles and assign a name to that resolved set of bundles. Then you
> could use this tool to start/stop/uninstall that named set of bundles,
> for example.

In fact we do exactly this at our place: Define bundle sets and have a
management agent control the lifecycle and just use OBR to get the bundles
in the first place and make sure any required bundles are also retrieved.

Regards
Felix