felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SNAPSHOT deployment frequency
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:04:39 GMT
Hi Steven,

On 2/3/07, Steven E. Harris <seh@panix.com> wrote:

> I've been tracking Felix's development via Subversion for a while,
> building my own snapshots every few days. As more of our development
> team starts leaning on Felix, I am faced with at least two choices:
>
>   o Modify the root Felix pom.xml file, changing its
>     distributionManagement element to point to my internal
>     repositories, so that I can deploy my own Felix builds there for
>     internal use.
>
>   o Add the "apache.snapshots" repository to my project's remote
>     repository set, and track the public Felix builds that way.
>
> I like the second option, but I noticed that the most recent SNAPSHOT
> (0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT) was deployed on 22 December 2006. That
> one's not too old yet, but it's hard to know when the next refresh
> will come.
>
> With that concern in mind, how often does the Felix team deploy a
> SNAPSHOT build to this repository? What criteria triggers such a
> deployment?

In my case, I usually deploy whenever I resolve an issue.  If I know that I
will resolve another issue very soon (on the same day), I defer deployment
untill I resolve the another issue.  The all artifacts could be more than
once a day if I work everyday, becaue it is always good for those who want
to pull the latest snapshot and depending on snapshot means that the user is
ready for unexpected changes..

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6