felix-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: (FELIX-212) commons-httpclient 3.0.1 wrapping
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:40:14 GMT
Hi Enrique,

> Thanks for the tip.  However, the bundling process simply repackages
> the library jar to include bundle metadata.  With the bundle metadata,
> the jar can now be added to an OSGi runtime, but no code is actively
> started.  Consumers of the bundle would need to be aware of the issue
> you mention.

thanks for the explanation. I thought that all bundles were required
to clean up after themselves. What tool do you use to generate the info
in the manifest? I can't promise anything, but if it is easy to integrate
into our Maven 1 build process and can be run with an old JVM
(HttpClient 3.x is still compatible with 1.2.2) we might add it to
HttpClient 3.1 RC1. I'll open an issue right away, but discussions will
have to wait for some weeks. The lead developer is going on a vacation
and I'll be on a business trip starting next week.

View raw message