felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Building the Felix trunk
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:00:24 GMT
Here are a couple suggested of lines of thought. (Caveat these lines of
thought may lead to naught.)

1.  Check out the spelling of the two artifactids in the error message.
The two don't match.

I know I have an <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId> in my
local repo,

I know that the repo @
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.3-SNAPSHOT/
has one.

But I don't know anything about an artifact called:

maven-resource-plugin

Note the lack of s on resource.

Unfortunately I will need to sacrifice a chicken to understand what to
do with the above anomalies.
In other words this suggestion will take a bit more investigation on
your side....

2.  Second suggestion is to check your own settings.xml file.  Try
instead to use a pretty standard kind of profile for your activeProfiles
like this.

<profile>
            <id>apache</id>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>apache.org</id>
                    <name>Maven Snapshots</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>
            </repositories>
            <pluginRepositories>
                <pluginRepository>
                    <id>apache.org</id>
                    <name>Maven Plugin Snapshots</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>false</enabled>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
    <activeProfiles>
        <activeProfile>apache</activeProfile>
    </activeProfiles>

Of course this is very similar to what we have in the pom.xml itself.

3.  Suggestion three: Tim - do you know where to obtain live chickens? ;-)

cheers,
John