felix-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Moloney <t.molo...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Is there a Maven plugin to install a bundle to OBR?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:37:18 GMT
Oops, I just noticed that I replied to the wrong email message.

I found that I can use my maven repository as my OBR by adding
repository.xml.  I copied http://oscar-osgi.sf.net/obr2/repository.xml
to ~/.m2/repository, then manually edited it to match the bundles that
I've installed in my maven repository.

Clearly, this is manually intensive and highly error-prone.  A Maven
plugin that parsed a bundle's MANIFEST.MF to load the <resource>
elements in repository.xml would be ideal.  I still don't know exactly
how and where to get all of the specific pieces of data since the OBR
documentation appears a bit out of date.  Perhaps Richard or Peter can
answer this.

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I heard before that people wanted to create a OBR layer on top of the
> maven repo, I may take a look at it if someone can write what it'd
> take.
> On 2/11/07, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>> On Monday 12 February 2007 08:54, Tim Moloney wrote:
>> > I've started experimenting with OBR and I can get things working by
>> > doing several steps manually.  What do people use to automate the
>> > installation of a bundle to an OBR?
>> Personally, I used to have cron job on the server, so a any upload by
>> Maven
>> arriving would be examined and meta extracted and build up the OBR
>> xml. Quite
>> messy, and decided to kill it off.
>> Cheers
>> Niclas