felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OBR Resolver.deploy() and framework start level
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:32:53 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2007 07:28, Steven E. Harris wrote:
>
>> o First, I think that Resolver.deploy() should mark an
>>   already-installed bundle to be started if called with a true "start"
>>   parameter.
>>

> Doesn't the whole issue get resolved if you call a start() method explicitly
> after a deploy??
>

> I have not worked with OBR yet, so not sure if such exist; If not, perhaps
> there should be.

In truth, I wasn't much of a fan of the whole "start" flag in the first
place. I think OBR should be a deployment tool only. I think it should
be kept as simple as possible, but no simpler to its job. We can create
another tool to manage the run-time life cycles of bundles...

Imagine some tool that allowed you to use OBR to deploy a resolved set
of bundles and assign a name to that resolved set of bundles. Then you
could use this tool to start/stop/uninstall that named set of bundles,
for example.

-> richard