felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OBR Resource from a Bundle
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:54:29 GMT

You raise some good issues...

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of extra time to investigate this
right now.

If you really need to make progress right now, perhaps the simpler
approach for the time being is just copying ManifestParser into the OBR
subproject and modifying it to use the interfaces defined in OBR, which
should be pretty straightforward.

Then at a later time, we can figure out how to go about combining the
OBR interfaces with the corresponding interfaces in Felix as well as
refactoring the pieces to get it to fit together and eliminate the code

On the other hand, if you can wait a couple of weeks, then maybe I can
clear enough off of my plate to help in the process.

The main issue here is that we still have a bit of unsettled stuff from
the transition to using capabilities/requirements in Felix, so the main
priority in refactoring the code is dealing with those set of changes first.

-> richard

Steven E. Harris wrote:
> "Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> writes:
>> but I would think the way to do it would be to have the OBR bundle
>> export org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.util (perhaps we should
>> also change the OBR package to be org.apache.felix.obr while we are
>> at it), which contained the class that you needed.
> Looking closer at this approach, would it harm anything to make the
> constructors for
>   LocalRepositoryImpl.LocalResourceImpl
> have access modifier public instead of package-private?
> At present, the only thing that constructs a LocalResourceImpl is
> LocalRepositoryImpl itself. However, if we place the requested
> Bundle->Resource conversion function in a different package
> Bundle->(org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.util), it won't
> be able to call on the LocalRepositoryImpl constructor.

View raw message