felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Felix Dependency Manager builds soemwhere?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:57:36 GMT
Hello Peter,

On Feb 10, 2007, at 21:39 , Peter Neubauer wrote:

> I would like to build the console commands for Felix Dependency
> Manager against some FDM release - is there anything like a snapshot
> or so in some public repo?

To be honest, I'm waiting for Felix to graduate. It's my intention to
add the DM to an official Felix release after that (we might need to
discuss how to do bundle releases first).

At the moment, I'm not actively creating snapshots (mostly just using
"head").

> Right now the commands are ported to Equinox since I use that most,
> https://scm.ops4j.org/repos/ops4j/laboratory/users/peter/
> org.ops4j.pax.equinox.console.commands.felixdepman/
> but I will likely do it for Felix, too. Is there any interest in
> getting that into Felix?

There probably are two things that need to be done:

1. Add an API to externally query service dependencies and state.
2. Implement shell commands for the Felix shell.

I would like to add the first thing in a generic way (that, for
example, will also allow you to hook up to JMX).

I would then be interested in a contribution for the second part.

I'll try to find some time the upcoming weeks to look into this further.

Greetings, Marcel