felix-dev mailing list archives

From Lucio Biondi <lbio...@olijo.com>
Subject Little issue with native libs on amd64 platforms
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:15:18 GMT
Hi, Richard

I noticed a little issue trying to load in the framework a bundle containing
native libs (I humbly apologize if I'm wrong).

This is what my pom.xml contains regarding the libs

<Bundle-NativeCode>
        native/libclib_jiio.so;
        native/libmlib_jai.so;
        osname=Linux;
        processor=amd64
</Bundle-NativeCode>

Felix converts the "os.arch" property returned by the JVM from "amd64" to "x86-64"
that gives rise to R4LibraryClause.normalizeProcessor to return "x86" as the
expected platform, hence leading to throw an exception.

Indeed in normalizeProcessor you can read

if ( value.startsWith("x86") )
    return "x86";
else
    if ( value.startsWith("x86-64") ) // this is never reached, of course
        return "x86-64";

Imposing on this email, could anyone tell me as well why the maven-bundle-plugin
throws this warning

[WARNING] Unknown attribute in native code: native/libclib_jiio.so=;

In the pom no equal sign is present, although actually I'm not sure that's the reason.

Cheers,

Lucio Biondi