felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re[2]: [bnd] Generating bundle from jar with only its contents
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:43:38 GMT
if I'm getting it right looking through the sources what you have done
is set EXPORT_BUNDLE to all packages in the jar and pass that to the
lower layers, making a bundle that will have all packages in the
classpath that the original jar had.

I tried that before and had some problems
- if a package is in two jars in the classpath both classes end in
bundle and you get no warnings
- if there are resources in places like root or META-INF (usually
license or notice files) you may get the ones from other jars.

That's why I decided to implement it passing a new classpath that will
be used to export packages only, so nothing else gets in the
destination bundle.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride