felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject RE: Is there a Maven plugin to install a bundle to OBR?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Well, I am in the airport typing on my phone so I can not verify, but it used to work on OBR1.
There was even an 'obr check-update' or something command for checking for available updates.

OBR1 uses the update location as the unique key for the bundle, so when you update your bundle,
you must keep the same update location and update the version.

The way OBR1 works is not very practical for dealing with versioning. I highly recommend using
Felix/OBR2 instead of Oscar/OBR1.

Regardless, if you cannot figure it out, I can try to take a look when I get a minute.

-> richard

-----Original Message-----

From:  "GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE" <anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subj:  RE: Is there a Maven plugin to install a bundle to OBR?
Date:  Tue 13. Feb 2007 6:45
Size:  1K
To:  <felix-dev@incubator.apache.org>

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I was simply not aware that there was already an "obr update
<bundle>" command. I am always using the GUI to use OBR !
However, I have juste made some tests and I did not obtain the results I
was expecting (or maybe I did not operate corerctly).

I installed a bundle (say, 10) using obr from
http://<repository>/mybundle1.jar . Then I put on the repository a new
version of the bundle, say, http://<repository>/mybundle2.jar,  then I
updated the repository.xml to reference this new version.
I was hoping somehow that "obr update 10" would update bundle 10 with
the new version, which it did not. So I don't really see the difference
between "update 10" and "obr update 10". I have also tried "obr update
<bundle_name>" without any effect.

Let me point again that I am using Oscar, and the old classical obr, and
I am generating repository.xml using some homemade tool, maybe my
problem is related to some information missing (or extraneous) in our
repository.xml .

Thanks for your help

Anne

>I don't understand why you would want this as opposed to the current
OBR update mechanism. OBR will update >an installed bundle to the latest
version of that bundle using the normal OSGi update mechanism.

-> richard