felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Hampel, Michael" <michael.ham...@siemens.com>
Subject Felix OBR, bindex
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:01:58 GMT
Hello,

I am using the Felix RepositoryAdmin on equinox, which works really
fine.
To create my repository.xml I am using the bindex tool provided by Peter
Kriens.
I now ran into a problem which I am not really able to solve:
I install the pax log4j bundle for using  log4j in my services.
This bundle exports the package org.apache.log4j.xml with a uses clause
for
javax.xml.parsers. The javax.xml.parsers package is also stated in the
import-package clause.
If I activate the bundle in equinox via the console everything is ok,
equinox starts the bundle
and states that javax.xml.parsers was found in the System Bundle.
Now I want to install an apache-commons package, which has a dependency
on log4j with the help
of RepositoryAdmin.
This fails in Resolver.resolve() as the Resolver dedects the unsatisfied
requirement javax.xml.parsers
for the pax log4j bundle.
Of course my repository.xml has no entry for javax.xml.parsers and my
bundle repository does not have the jar file.
Can someone please guide me in the right direction how to solve this
problem?

Another thing I encountered when using the bindex tool was the
following:
I am also using maven and therefore I want to use the maven repo as
bundle repository.
Of course not all jar files in the maven repo are OSGi bundles.
When bindex generates the repository.xml it adds entries like

<resource id='28' symbolicname='Untitled-534725839' uri='xxx.jar'
version='0.0.0'>

for all non OSGi bundles to the repository.xml.
When initializing the RepositoryAdmin with this repository.xml the
process fails with a NullPointerException as the resource is
missing a presentationname attribute, which is used in the felix
ResourceComparator.
Can I alter this behaviour(bindex or felix obr) somehow via settings or
do I have to change the code?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help,

michael