felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: maven-bundle-plugin and dependencies
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 07:49:10 GMT
On Tue, January 2, 2007 8:20 pm, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Generally speaking, the plugin will only include into your bundle JAR
> file the packages you list in <Export-Package> or <Private-Package>. All
> other packages will be imported. So, if you list packages from Eclipse
> inside of these declarations, then you are telling the plugin to embed
> them.

I still don't follow.

What is a "package" in the above explanation? An OSGI bundle? A maven
dependency? A Java package?

Or to ask the question another way, how does my maven bundle project
depend on another Eclipse OSGI bundle / plugin, without importing that
plugin into my maven bundle project?

I see no distinction between maven dependencies and OSGI dependencies in
the docs, thus the confusion.

View raw message