felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Problem with apache felix when using jamvm and gnu classpath (thru gcj-4.1wrapper)
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:33:44 GMT
Ken Robinson wrote:
> I have then changed the file URLHandlers as follows but still get the
> same message:
>    private static final String DEFAULT_STREAM_HANDLER_PACKAGE =
> "gnu.java.net.protocol";
> //    private static final String DEFAULT_STREAM_HANDLER_PACKAGE =
> "sun.net.www.protocol";
>
>    //private static final String DEFAULT_CONTENT_HANDLER_PACKAGE =
> "sun.net.www.content";
>    private static final String DEFAULT_CONTENT_HANDLER_PACKAGE =
> "gnu.java.net.content";
>
> Is there something else I can do to get it working on jamvm and gnu
> classpath?

Yes, you definitely need to change these values. Are you sure those are
the correct values? In other words, did you look in the GNU Classpath
source, for example, and see if gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler exists?

BTW, you are not required to modify the source code, you can also just
set the "java.protocol.handler.pkgs" and "java.content.handler.pkgs"
system properties appropriately.

When searching for a handler, the URL Handlers service simply does a
class load probe in all listed packages using the following pattern:

    <pkg-prefix>.<protocol>.Handler

So, there should be a class named "gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler"
in your situation.

I am pretty sure someone else got this working, maybe they have
something to add.

-> richard