felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Bundle-Classpath and Bnd
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:46:59 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> Ran across a case where a project bundle was using a Bundle-Classpath
> entry with the /target/classes/ value in it's manifest even though it
> had no such path in the bundle.  As expected Bnd flagged this as an
> error.
> Over at the spring-osgi maillist someone mentioned this practice as a
> way to get their bundle working in an equinox environment. Don't
> understand this statement really - Although I run eclipse I don't have
> much experience with Equinox.
> Is fudging the behavior of Bundle-Classpath in this manner okay or is
> this verboten?

Yes, they are using this trick to get their bundles to work correctly as
PDE projects (they are working with maven that puts classes in
target/classes, but PDE doesn't expect them there, so they can add this
to the bundle class path to get PDE to look in the right place...or
something like that).

The spec says that missing class path entries should be ignored, so this
is ok I guess, but it does make life difficult for BND.

-> richard

View raw message