felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Board Resolution Draft
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:53:31 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 15 January 2007 15:08, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>

>> Please look it over and let me know if you see anything that needs to be
>> changed.
>>

> According to ~jim/committers.html, Richard ain't an ASF Member. This seems to
> normally require a bit of extra massaging of the Board.
>
> IMO, he should be the VP, but I think for instance Alex or Upayavira should
> resolve the issue with the Board and inform the Incubator PMC, prior to
> moving on with this. Best, of course, is to get Richard voted in as a
> member ;o)

We have discussed about this among the PPMC members and originally
thought about different approaches, but then Alex felt there was
precedent set with other non-member VPs lately, so we ultimately decided
upon this approach. In short, it wasn't decided upon lightly.

Of course, I don't know what else could or should be done to make this
more acceptable.

Thanks for the feedback Niclas.

Perhaps Alex or Upayavira could comment further?

-> richard