felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: bundle plugin issues
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:05:41 GMT
Tom Huybrechts wrote:
> I'm trying to use the maven-bundle-plugin to create a bundle for
> maven-embedder.
> I'm having two issues:
> - runtime-scoped dependencies are ignored. I would like to explicitly
> include some in the jar (even though they are not directly referenced)

I am not sure what you mean by this. The plugin does not do anything
automatically with maven dependencies. If you want stuff included inside
of your bundle JAR file, then the packages must be listed in
<Private-Package> or <Export-Package>.

The plugin essentially ignores maven dependencies, the dependencies just
represent what is available on the class path. You construct the
contents of your bundle by listing packages from the class path to
include inside of it.

In the future there may be some other ways of dealing with maven
dependencies, but Peter Kriens and I haven't had the time to think about
it yet.

> - I would like to create the bundle next to the original jar. If the
> plugin understood classifiers, I could do this. In this case, the
> bundle packaging is not needed.

I don't really understand this either...I must be dense today.

> I'm attaching a patch that implements both issues. I wanted to put it
> in JIRA, but could not find a component for this plugin ?

Just use the component for the maven OSGi plugin for now, since the goal
is to eventually have one plugin.

-> richard

View raw message