felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Error launching Felix in Eclipse 3.2.1
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:37:38 GMT
Todd Nist wrote:
> No, I used maven from the command line to build Felix, and it runs fine
> from the command line.  The actual version is:
>
> -> version
> 0.9.0.incubator-SNAPSHOT
> ->
>
> It only fails inside of Eclipse currently when I create a specific "Run
> Configuration" for it so I can test my bundles in Eclipse.  Not a show
> stopper, but I would like to understand why it works in one and not the
> other.

That is strange then. Yes, we should try to figure it out. Perhaps you
can tell me the steps you have used to create your "run configuration"
and I can try to repeat it locally and see if it does the same thing. If
so, then maybe I can figure it out.

> I just tried running it again, and am getting a different error
> that appears to be happening much sooner:

The error is happening much sooner because of the failed state of the
cached bundles...the null is actually misleading here since this is
actually a result of not being able to start the cached bundle. I
noticed previously in such cases null gets passed to the event object
when firing a framework event to report the bundle error, which then
results in this exception...this will be fixed in trunk pretty soon.

-> richard