felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: felix in applet
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:19:21 GMT
Zdeněk Louženský wrote:
> Thank you,
> but I still don't know how to use felix in the applet. Could be the
> felix framework part of the applet or should I run felix on server?
> Is there any tutorial how to use it?

You can create a Felix instance inside of your applet. Since you have
not described what you are trying to achieve, it is difficult to
determine if this makes sense.

Felix is just like any other class, you can just create an instance of
it inside of your code...the link below shows you some of the steps
necessary for doing so.

I will shortly be working on completing the document referenced below to
go into more details, but until then you can just ask on the mailing
list. The biggest "trick" is that the Felix.start() method takes a list
of bundle activator instances that you can use to allow your host
application to gain access to the system bundle's bundle context (these
passed in activators will get started/stopped when the system bundle is

-> richard

> Zdenek
>> Zdeněk Louženský wrote:
>>> please could somebody help me? Is it possible to start and use felix
>>> osgi framework in java applet?
>> I would think that this should only be complicated by the security
>> policy you are running under. Assuming that the applet has all
>> permissions, then it should be pretty straight forward. You just need to
>> create an instance of Felix. There is some unfinished documentation on
>> how to launch and embed Felix here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/launching-and-embedding-felix.html
>> This should give you some idea of how to create a Felix instance.
> ->> richard

View raw message