felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: maven-bundle-plugin and dependencies
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:20:40 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> I am having some conceptual problems with the maven-bundle-plugin and the
> way dependencies are handled.
> I have successfully managed to use the maven-bundle-plugin to produce an
> OSGI bundle from an Eclipse RCP application that we use. The nett result
> is a single bundle that's 55MB in size, containing 3/4 of Eclipse unpacked
> inside the bundle.
> What I would like to achieve is to not include 3/4 of Eclipse into the
> plugin bundle, but rather have Eclipse provide the bundles needed for me,
> and I have been struggling to find documentation on how this is done.
> There are two similar concepts here: bundles that depend on maven provided
> artifacts, and bundles that depend on other bundles. The docs seem to
> cover the first concept only.
> Is there a HOWTO anywhere that describes how I might build a plugin using
> maven-bundle-plugin, allowing maven to find all the dependencies needed to
> compile, but to depend on external bundles, not internally unpacked jars?

Generally speaking, the plugin will only include into your bundle JAR
file the packages you list in <Export-Package> or <Private-Package>. All
other packages will be imported. So, if you list packages from Eclipse
inside of these declarations, then you are telling the plugin to embed them.

-> richard

View raw message