felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject bundleContext.installBundle()
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 04:48:42 GMT
Need a little insight from others here...  When installing a bundle from an
InputStream using the form:

bundleContext.installBundle(String location, InputStream is)

does the location String have to be a valid URL string?  I have a couple of
scenarios where existing code running on Equinox and Knopflerfish handles
this fine, but in Felix we are using that String to create a valid URL
object for the CodeSource constructor at Felix.java:2921 so we get a
MalformedURLException at SecureAction.java:161

I am just trying to figure out if it is pure luck that Equinox and KF work
with bogus location Strings (only when installing from InputStream) or if it
is something that we need to look at in Felix.  I have run into this twice
this week, once with a client's code and once in Spring-OSGi test harness.

Chris