felix-dev mailing list archives

From Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Needed: LDAP expression evaluation optimization
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:45:53 GMT
On Jan 25, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>> I assume what we need is some way to index the properties of our
>> capabilities so that we can really quickly evaluate a given filter
>> over the set of capabilities to find all that match. This is just my
>> hunch.
>
> You're aware that what you just described is roughly how an LDAP
> server's search engine works right?

I wouldn't doubt it and I would be happy to use it if you tell me that
I can extract a small search engine to do exactly what we need. We need
something small and to the point, since LDAP evaluation is only a small
piece of our framework, it is just important from a performance point
of view. We cannot justify a big component with lots of hairy
dependencies, for example.

So, do you have some idea how easy it would be to extract what we would
need and how small would it be?

-> richard

p.s. It would be funny if Felix started using Directory before
Directory started using Felix. :-)