felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Improving integration between maven and osgi
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:42:21 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to make maven generate OSGi bundles based in the information
of the pom as much as possible. That implies generating "Require-bundle"
headers based on the dependencies section of the pom instead of
autodiscovered "Import-packages".

I'd take groupId.artifactId as bundle name and dependency version as
bundle version.

In the future this could be the standard for any jar generated by Maven.

It will assume that dependencies are already available as OSGi bundles,
although I'm working on a recursive mode that will generate
one bundle for each dependency scanning the whole tree of transitive
dependencies.

Please let me know if this sounds right for the maven-bundle-plugin.
Any comments appreciated ;)

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.