felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Emil Eifrém" <e...@eifrem.com>
Subject Re: Bundle plugin: Importing packages from non-bundles
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:48:45 GMT
On 12/7/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 07 December 2006 09:43, Emil Eifrém wrote:
> > All dependencies are not treated equal. If dependency is a bundle then
> > generate Import-Package. If dependency is a jar then embed and
> > generate Bundle-Classpath.
>
> This is an interesting hack. :o)

Will it work?

Of course I am. Except I have no idea of what you just said. :)

> The more I read this thread the more convinced I am getting that Maven ain't
> the savior ;o)

I'm sure it isn't. The other night, Peter (the Neubauer kind, not the
Kriens kind) spent half an hour telling me how Maven will never
*really* work for OSGi, while I sipped my wine, pretended to listen
and quietly thought about all the cool applications I'm going to build
on top of OSGi once we've added this small feature to Maven. ;)

Maybe Maven isn't the ultimate solution, and maybe it's not perfect
for OSGi. But with some tweaks it seems good enough for now.

Cheers,

-EE