felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Emil Eifrém" <e...@eifrem.com>
Subject Re: Bundle plugin: Importing packages from non-bundles
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:40:17 GMT
On 12/6/06, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Your understanding of OSGi is correct.
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding about what you are describing.
>
> You are saying that you don't want imports generated for the same
> packages contained inside of embedded JAR files on your bundle class
> path, correct?

Correct.

> I think Peter thought you meant that you didn't want to
> generate imports for the packages required by the packages in your
> embedded JAR files. You want the latter, but not the former...you
> indicate that the former is probably a bug in the old plugin. Correct?

Well, the algo is recursive: if my dependency is a bundle then
generate Import-Package statements, else embed it and add it to
Bundle-Classpath. If that dependency's dependencies are bundles then
generate Import-Package statements, else embed them as well and add to
Bundle-Classpath. Lather, rinse, repeat for the transitive closure.

Cheers,

-EE