felix-dev mailing list archives

From Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Branch or not?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:42:14 GMT
I want to start implementing the require-bundle function for Felix, but
I wanted to get some advice on how to proceed.

I did my initial prototyping in my sandbox and I will use that
prototype as the basis of the new work, but won't merge it back into
the trunk since it is way out of sync with the 0.8.0 release (and it a
little hacked).

So, the question is, should I make another branch of the trunk in my
sandbox or should I do it directly in the trunk? I am leaning toward
making another branch and merging it back in when finished, since I
imagine that there will be some intermediate commits that will break
some things.

Does everyone agree that this is the best way to go?

-> richard

View raw message