felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Yalcin Akdogan" <yalcin.akdo...@chello.at>
Subject AW: Felix and Eclipse PDE roadblock
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:56:01 GMT

Good work Rick, I appreciate it.

Just couple questions:
You made some changes to source files and manifest file. Are your changes
only in supplemental bundle?
I assume your application is a web application. Do you plan to run an
eRCP/RCP application with your changes?

- Yalcin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rick Litton [mailto:Rick.Litton@ktd-kyocera.com]
Gesendet: Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:07 AM
An: felix-dev@incubator.apache.org; felix-dev@incubator.apache.org;
Betreff: RE: Felix and Eclipse PDE roadblock

I finally got the equinox extension point registry running.  It was not easy
to say the least. I had to make some changes to the equinox code and
manifest files. It's still a long way off from being perfect but it seems to
work (see below)!

-> ps
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   4] [Active     ] [    1] OSGi R4 Core Bundle (4)
[   5] [Active     ] [    1] OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle (4)
[   6] [Active     ] [    1] Servlet 2.1 API (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   7] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Supplement (
[   8] [Active     ] [    1] HTTP Service (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   9] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Common (
[  10] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Registry (
[  11] [Active     ] [    1] Application Plug-in (1.0.0)

Will need to add the equinox http bundles in lieu of the felix http since my
example requires this service.  One issue that could have been avoided was
the doubling of the package name "org.eclipse.core.runtime" in two equinox
bundles (common and registry).  From experience with Oscar, this can be
problematic. If there is an area for "examples" in the Felix repository I
can probably check in the files with a readme to explain what was done.

Thanks to Richard and Jeff ("the McAffer guy")!

-- rick