felix-dev mailing list archives

From BJ Hargrave <hargr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Request graduation for Apache Felix from Incubator
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:39:36 GMT
+1

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@us.ibm.com

office: +1 407 849 9117
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org>
12/20/2006 12:35 PM
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

cc

Subject
[VOTE] Request graduation for Apache Felix from Incubator

The holidays are close, but our work never stops... :-)

We have recently released the 0.8.0-incubator release of Apache Felix.
As such, the PPMC thinks it is time to re-affirm our belief that we are
ready to graduate from the incubator.

While we voted previously on this topic with the results viewable here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-felix-dev/200609.mbox/%3c450560E8.1010500@odoko.co.uk%3e

We feel that it is worthwhile to vote again because of a slight change
in our understanding of the graduation process. In particular, a
graduating podling needs a home as either a subproject of another
top-level project (TLP) or as a TLP itself. Our goal is for Apache Felix
to be its own TLP, but this requires approval by the board.

Following the example set by Harmony, we will vote on requesting
conditional graduation from the Incubator PMC contingent on the board's
approval of Felix as a TLP. By doing this, the board sees that the
Incubator PMC thinks we are ready to graduate and the Incubator PMC does
not have to worry about us not having a home after graduation.

So, let's do it!

Note, only Felix PPMC members have binding votes here, but we wish to
hear from all interested parties in the Felix community.

Here's the vote:

[ ] +1 Request conditional graduation
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 We are not ready

If you vote -1, please do provide some info to help us along the way.

-> richard