felix-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Watson <tjwat...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: bundle.getResources behavior
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:20:53 GMT
This is probably because the ClassLoader.getResources method is final on
J2SE 1.4 and earlier.  In J2SE 1.5 they removed the 'final' from this
method.  This makes it impossible to implement a "correct" bundle
classloader on J2SE 1.4 and earlier WRT ClassLoader.getResources.  The
implementation of the final ClassLoader.getResources method always checks
the parent classloader first, there is no way for the OSGi Bundle class
loader to override this behavior.  We have the exact same situation in
Equinox.

Tom

"Chris Custine" <chris.custine@gmail.com>
12/14/2006 12:37 AM
Please respond to
felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
bundle.getResources behavior

My understanding of the OSGi spec is that Bundle.getResources() should
only
look in the System classpath if the package name is listed in the
org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property, is that correct?  I am working
on a problem where Felix is returning a resource from a non-bundle jar
(Felix is embedded) that is on the main application classpath.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris