felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Litton" <Rick.Lit...@ktd-kyocera.com>
Subject RE: Felix and Eclipse PDE roadblock
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:06:57 GMT
I finally got the equinox extension point registry running.  It was not easy to say the least.
I had to make some changes to the equinox code and manifest files. It's still a long way off
from being perfect but it seems to work (see below)!

-> ps
START LEVEL 1
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   4] [Active     ] [    1] OSGi R4 Core Bundle (4)
[   5] [Active     ] [    1] OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle (4)
[   6] [Active     ] [    1] Servlet 2.1 API (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   7] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Supplement (1.0.0.200612091415)
[   8] [Active     ] [    1] HTTP Service (0.8.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   9] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Common (3.3.0.200612091417)
[  10] [Active     ] [    1] Eclipse Equinox Registry (3.2.100.200612091419)
[  11] [Active     ] [    1] Application Plug-in (1.0.0)
->

Will need to add the equinox http bundles in lieu of the felix http since my example requires
this service.  One issue that could have been avoided was the doubling of the package name
"org.eclipse.core.runtime" in two equinox bundles (common and registry).  From experience
with Oscar, this can be problematic. If there is an area for "examples" in the Felix repository
I can probably check in the files with a readme to explain what was done.

Thanks to Richard and Jeff ("the McAffer guy")!

-- rick