felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix 0.8.0 Incubator Release
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:26:29 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > I'm not going to vote (would be non-binding anyway), but some issues I see:
> >
> > 1) The felix.jar itself does not have the DISCLAIMER in it.   I think that's
> > fine as long as you don't plan on putting it in any maven repository.   That
> > said, being a maven user, I'd like to see it fixed so it COULD be deployed
> > there.
> Yes, we can include that.

Sure, we can include a separate DISCLAIMER file. Note, however, that
in this case the DISCLAIMER is included in the NOTICE (which I believe
to be acceptable) but I agree that it might be more obvious in a
separate file.

> > 4) I don't see and asc files on the web page.   The release needs to be signed
> > and KEYS made available.
> Yes, we were aware of this step, but we not clear on how to proceed with
> it. Perhaps Karl Pauls has a few more comments on that topic.

For me, it is somewhat unclear whether the signing should be done
before or after general@ is approached. I was under the assumption the
we need to sign the release after it is approved by the IPMC. Maybe
somebody can help me out on this one?

> Thanks for the feedback.
> -> richard
> > Dan

Indeed, thanks for the feedback. We will fix the missing LICENSE and
NOTICE files asap and change their location to META-INF.

Again, if the consensus is that we should sign the release before it
is approved by the IPMC then please let me know.

Karl Pauls

View raw message