felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [Vote] Felix-0.8.0-incubator Release
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:14:52 GMT
> > Basically, it should be the same everyone already
> > inspected a while ago.
>
> Well, I didn't inspect then, and thought I would take a look;

Great. We need all the help we can get from people with Apache
experience. Neither Rick nor me are experts in this field :-)

>  1. The NOTICE file in bin/felix.jar is essentially the DISCLAIMER.

True. From my point of view this is o.k. since the felix.jar doesn't
include any third party code and we didn't wanted to create a separate
file for the DISCLAIMER in the binary. Do you think it is a must?

>  2. Shouldn't the NOTICE file include both "from" as well as "which" license?

Well, the approach is as follows, all mentioned sources are ASL unless
there is a separate LICENSE.<name-of-library> file with a different
license on top-level. In this case, we only have LICENSE.kxml which is
nBSD. I was under the impression that it is debatable whether it is
necessary to mention ASL and - let's say - first grade compatible
licenses explicitly in the NOTICE this way?

> Otherwise, things looks good to me.
>
> Cheers
> Niclas

Good.  Please help us out on the above points, any input is much appreciated!

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls