felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Branch or not?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:13:56 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> I want to start implementing the require-bundle function for Felix,
>> but I wanted to get some advice on how to proceed.
>>
>> I did my initial prototyping in my sandbox and I will use that
>> prototype as the basis of the new work, but won't merge it back into
>> the trunk since it is way out of sync with the 0.8.0 release (and it
>> a little hacked).
>>
>> So, the question is, should I make another branch of the trunk in my
>> sandbox or should I do it directly in the trunk? I am leaning toward
>> making another branch and merging it back in when finished, since I
>> imagine that there will be some intermediate commits that will break
>> some things.
>>
>> Does everyone agree that this is the best way to go?
>
> How long do you imagine it will take to do get something workable in
> trunk, and how long might trunk be broken?

This all depends on how much time I can get to focus on it, but there
might be breakage in functionality for a couple weeks. It should always
compile, however. This will only impact the framework subproject and
thus would only impact people trying to use the latest and greatest
version of it.

-> richard