felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Bundle plugin: Importing packages from non-bundles
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:06:43 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:15 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> Why not get your hands dirty and create your own plugin?
>> Or, help Jason van Zyl to make the Jar plugin OSGi friendly. He also
>> is fairly
>> clueless of what is needed and best practices, so he should be easy to
>> influence in your direction.
>> Or, use the old plugin if you find that one better. I didn't like
>> that one
>> either, but instead making fuzz over it I forked it and made my own
>> changes
>> that I felt would help me. (see
>> https://scm.ops4j.org/repos/ops4j/projects/pax/maven/osgi-bundle )
>> I am sure there are others out there.
> Interesting.  I have just started reading this list in earnest and
> hand always thought that there was one plugin effort.  What other
> plugins are there in all?

As far as I know, there are three:

    * The original plugin started by Enrique and then later greatly
      hacked by Peter Kriens, which is a Felix subproject.
    * Niclas' fork of the above plugin.
    * A new plugin based on Peter's BND tool that was committed a few
      weeks back; originally this was going to be an enhancement to the
      first plugin, but because it was so different we forked it in
      Felix and have two plugin subprojects at this point...although we
      hope to get back down to one.

The documentation for both Felix plugins can be found here:

-> richard

View raw message