felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Felix-0.8.0-incubator Release
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:56:53 GMT
On Thursday 07 December 2006 17:14, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > > Basically, it should be the same everyone already
> > > inspected a while ago.
> >
> > Well, I didn't inspect then, and thought I would take a look;
> Great. We need all the help we can get from people with Apache
> experience. Neither Rick nor me are experts in this field :-)
> >  1. The NOTICE file in bin/felix.jar is essentially the DISCLAIMER.
> True. From my point of view this is o.k. since the felix.jar doesn't
> include any third party code and we didn't wanted to create a separate
> file for the DISCLAIMER in the binary. Do you think it is a must?

Well, NOTICE must contain the

          Copyright [yyyy] The Apache Software Foundation

text, so others know what we require them to put in. The cost of an extra
DISCLAIMER is very small, but I think it goes a long way with the Incubator
PMC peeps who study these things with microscope (or so it seems).

> >  2. Shouldn't the NOTICE file include both "from" as well as "which"
> > license?
> Well, the approach is as follows, all mentioned sources are ASL unless
> there is a separate LICENSE.<name-of-library> file with a different
> license on top-level. In this case, we only have LICENSE.kxml which is
> nBSD. I was under the impression that it is debatable whether it is
> necessary to mention ASL and - let's say - first grade compatible
> licenses explicitly in the NOTICE this way?

I stand corrected. Perhaps it is from my own convenience I would like to see,
but I can't find any such requirement in the official docs.

View raw message