felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Felix + JSF
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:20:56 GMT
Hi Daniel,

I am not too much into JSF. But we are currently building an CMS
system within the OSGi framework. As this CMS is based on Web
Standards and we are bound to run inside any spec. compliant servlet
container, we are confronted with a similar situation.

First of all we have to integrate with the servlet container. For
this, we use the servlet bridge approach of Equinox
(http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php) - yet we
use Felix as the framework instead of Equinox.

The second issue, is having JSP support. For this, I took Jasper, but
due to other requirements (storing and using scripts and classes from
a JCR (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170) repository, I hade to
modify it to completely abstract IO operations.

A third issues raising is that of class loaders: Again I had to modify
Jasper to be able to inject a parent class loader, which bridges into
the OSGi framework.

Hope this helps (a bit)

On 11/27/06, Daniel Murley <dmurley@xbiosystems.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Has anyone tried using a framework such as JSF with Felix?  How has this
> been approached?
> Is it possible to place views in the bundle and some how have these
> integrate with JSF?
> I'd appreciate any insight or links you guys might have on this topic.
> Cheers,
> Daniel

View raw message