felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Felix Commons Initiative Status
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:20:33 GMT

> Seems reasonable to me...although I am just winging
> it here. I am still not exactly sure how we are going to do this or
> where these generated bundles are going to live, etc. It would be nice
> if we could automatically publish them to an OBR repository some
> place...something to work on for the future, I guess. :-)

To control the deployment of the bundles we use in-house, I hacked
together a bundle which implements a very simple OBR server allowing
to upload bundles and build the repository.xml file dynamically from
the list of uploaded bundles.

Here is the feature list:
  * Implemented with a Servlet frontend
  * Upload with POST
  * Generates repository.xml on-demand from the installed bundles
  * Automatic version-timestamp generation if the qualifier part of
the bundle version contains the word "SNAPSHOT"
  * Simple GUI to see the list of available bundles as well as the
details of them

To enable the automatic upload to above repository, I hacked together
a simple maven-plugin which just inspects the generated artifact to
see whether it is a bundle and uploads to a configurable location.

Could this help in any way ? - Or do such things already exist ?

View raw message