felix-dev mailing list archives

From Glyn Normington <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Autodiscovering Jams - a "vision" about improving the user experience
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:30:13 GMT
Hi Francesco

I really do think you should read the JSR 277 EDR specification ([1]) to
understand that there is currently no integration with OSGi.

The only glimmer of light is Appendix C.7 which mentions a potential work
item (for the JSR 277 Expert Group) on interoperability with other module
systems:

        "JSR-277 is an architecture that offers first class modularity
support
         in the Java platform. It may be possible to build or rebase other
         module systems on top of this architecture, so they can take
advantages
         of the built-in modularity and the tight integration between the
         language, the JVM, and the class libraries in the Java platform."

As for the "vision" below - it's nice to dream... ;-)

Glyn

[1] http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr277/index.html

Francesco Furfari <francesco.furfari@isti.cnr.it> wrote on 24/11/2006
01:27:52: