felix-dev mailing list archives

From "LECAN Damien" <Damien.LE...@B2i.fr>
Subject RE: Ch-ch-ch-changes...
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:46:50 GMT
> Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the maven-eclipse-plugin the
> generator of Eclipse project metadata files from pom.xml ? If so, this
> has nothing to do with either of the other plugins.
You're right, but Eclipse provides a full OSGi development environment. So Maven has to try
to integrate with it for OSGi development (e.g. maven-eclipse-plugin generates the bundle
manifest ...)
Look at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+and+Eclipse
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-92

> BTW: It would of course be nice, if it would be possible to use maven
> to build and packeg Eclipse plugins and features. But to my knowledge,
> this is still on the TODO of the Eclipse/Equinox team.
This seems to be done by Maven team instead
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=11133&component=12260&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

Damien