felix-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <tonimen...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: are Extension- headers proprietary ?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:26:33 GMT
About the Export-Service Header:
it seems that has it's origin in the old maven plugin "maven-osgi-plugin".
Bundles generated with that (and so are some systembundles) instead of
the new one ("maven-bundle-plugin") have some more entries and some
currious ones like that one.

The thing is that the PDE has support for another layer (I think it's a
plattform like everything made @eclipse ;-)  on top of osgi dealing with
extensions and extensionpoints.
But that stuff goes to plugin.xml and denotes to that layer/plattform
specific to the Eclipse.
So that has nothing todo with the headers described above. (I just got
too much new suff mixed up in my head, ..)

@Jeff: is there some more abstract description about that
extension/extension-point mechanism used in RCP but without dealing with
the "C" too much (so something like Rich-Plattform) ?
(I've seen and used that things in a very small sample RCP app, without
hesitating about osgi back then). So I want to figure out if it makes
sense from the osgi perspective too.
Thanks for the very good feedback!

Toni

--