felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix Commons Initiative Status
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 05:47:08 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 07:28 -0500, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> If you have some specific libraries you with to volunteer to bundle-
>> ize,
>> I can add your name and the libraries to the wiki page for now until
>> we
>> decide what our process will be.
>>

> Would like to bundleize the following three:
>
> <groupId>antlr</groupId>
> <artifactId>antlr</artifactId>
> <version>2.7.6</version>
>
> <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
> <version>3.1</version>
>
> <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
> <version>2.0</version>

I added these to the Felix Commons wiki page...there is some overlap
with what Felix said he would potentially provide, but we can work that
out...that is the whole point of this initiative. :-)

> Since bundleizing is just a pom.xml, how shall I furnish you with the
> pom.xml files? Maybe you could open Jira issues and I (or other
> contributors) can simply attach the pom.xmls for your or Enrique's
> review?

Good question. Slight variation, perhaps, I created a "Felix Commons"
JIRA component, so you can create an issue for any POM that you have and
attach it to that. Seems reasonable to me...although I am just winging
it here. I am still not exactly sure how we are going to do this or
where these generated bundles are going to live, etc. It would be nice
if we could automatically publish them to an OBR repository some
place...something to work on for the future, I guess. :-)

-> richard