felix-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject Re: help about JMX notifications
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:40:36 GMT
Ya, good point.
The example you mention does not consider recursion. If it has to be
"... consistent with the rule that a given type always implies the same
list of other key properties."

I guess we should use a schema like the following, where everything is
an UPnPDevice type

UPnP:type=UPnPDevice, UDN= "... id ....." ,  parentUDN= "even empty" ,
chidrenUDN="even empty"
UPnP:type=UPnPDevice.UPnPDevice, UDN= "... id ....." ,  parentUDN= "..."
,  chidrenUDN="..."
UPnP:type=UPnPDevice.UPnPDevice.UPnPDevice, UDN= "... id ....." ,
parentUDN= "..." ,  chidrenUDN="..."

or distinguish between root and embedded devices

UPnP:type=UPnPDevice, UDN= "... id ....." , chidrenUDN="even empty"
UPnP:type=UPnPDevice.EmbeddeUPnPDevice, UDN= "... id ....." ,
parentUDN= "..." ,  chidrenUDN="..."
UPnP:type=UPnPDevice.EmbeddeUPnPDevice.EmbeddeUPnPDevice, UDN= "... id
....." ,  parentUDN= "..." ,  chidrenUDN="..."

(the used types could be also RootUPnPDevice and UPnPDevice for ones
embedded)

what do you prefer  or what else you suggest?
Are such containment hierarchies automatically managed by the current
JMX consoles? just curious :-)

francesco