felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autodiscovering Jams - a "vision" about improving the user experience
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:13:37 GMT
I can definitely see acheiving some of this down the road either with OSGi
or Java 7 modules (JSR-277).  I am prototyping an OSGi based scripted widget
system that would be similar to Yahoo Widgets (Konfabulator), Google
Desktop, etc. and I have similar ideas to what you mention.  I have seen so
many people with great ideas lately that I am expecting to see an explosion
of OSGi based apps in the next few months as people begin publicising their
work.  I am also hoping that some of these ideas will start to influence
features of OSGi itself to make some of this possible.

Ciao,
Chris