felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Contradictory directions for adding an imported package
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:31:56 GMT
Seeing a problem in the felix runtime with a bundle that I built with
the new maven-bundle-plugin. When I install the bundle in felix and the
bundle resolves I get the:

WARNING: *** Class 'org.apache.commons.collections.map.LinkedMap' was
not found because bundle 16 does not import
'org.apache.commons.collections.map' even though bundle 5 does export
it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
'org.apache.commons.collections.map' to bundle 16. ***
(java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: *** Class
'org.apache.commons.collections.map.LinkedMap' was not found because
bundle 16 does not import 'org.apache.commons.collections.map' even
though bundle 5 does export it. To resolve this issue, add an import for
'org.apache.commons.collections.map' to bundle 16. ***)

Seems straight forward enough so following Felix's advice I attempt to
add the package as an import to the maven-bundle-plugin configuration
instructions - but the maven build then fails with:

[ERROR] Importing packages that are never refered to by any class on the
Bundle-Classpath[Jar:dot]: [org.apache.commons.collections.map]

Doing a manual check of the bundle and dependencies I too don't see any
dependency on commons.collection. So trying the old plugin...

It too considers org.apache.commons.collections.map to be a SUPERFLUOUS
IMPORT for the classes I am packaging but at least it creates the bundle
with the import for org.apache.commons.collections.map.

When I try the bundle with this 'SUPERFLUOUS IMPORT' in the runtime, it
resolves and I get no warning.

Any ideas on what is going on here?

John