felix-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: Felix Commons Initiative Status
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:08:23 GMT
On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 07:28 -0500, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> If you have some specific libraries you with to volunteer to bundle-
> ize,
> I can add your name and the libraries to the wiki page for now until
> we
> decide what our process will be.

Would like to bundleize the following three:

Since bundleizing is just a pom.xml, how shall I furnish you with the
pom.xml files? Maybe you could open Jira issues and I (or other
contributors) can simply attach the pom.xmls for your or Enrique's

> I was thinking lately that we could actually define a common
> process/approach for bundling third-party libs and define a POM file
> template for our new maven plugin for doing so. Then the whole process
> potentially becomes really simple. Felix Commons could become a large
> "project" of POMs where each simply has a dependency on the library it
> wants to convert, which will then convert it automatically with the
> plugin when built...then we just need to make the resulting JARs
> publicly available (perhaps through OBR and Maven) and we are done.
This is pretty much the approach I was thinking. Just a bunch of poms
that are built and deploy their bundles to Maven.

View raw message