felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: shutting down felix
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:02:00 GMT

The stop() methods should be called, so if this is not happening then it is probably a bug.
I think there were some changes in this area recently, so I will look into it.

-> richard

-----Original Message-----

From:  Emil Ivov <emil_ivov@yahoo.com>
Subj:  shutting down felix
Date:  Thu 23. Nov 2006 10:51
Size:  948 bytes
To:  felix-dev@incubator.apache.org

Hello guys,

First I'd like to congratulate all Felix developers for the great work
you are doing. We've been previously using Oscar and now Felix for SIP
Communicator and have always been completely satisfied with their
quality and  reliability.

I have a quick question regarding shutting down the Felix framework.
Right now we're doing it by stopping the 0 bundle. Personally I was
expecting that this would result in individually stopping all installed
bundles but their Activator.stop() methods don't get called. My first
question is therefore - Is this supposed to be the case?

If yes, i.e. if stopping the framework is not supposed to call
Activator.stop() for every bundle, then what is the commonly accepted
way (if any) of performing pre-shutdown operations? Should every bundle
add a framework/bundle/service listener and monitor the state of the
framework in order to detect it when it is about to get stopped?

Cheers
Emil