felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Work with Felix but how?!
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:09:30 GMT
> Also, feel free to ask more questions on this list.
>
> There we go.. I guess I got the idea of OSGi / Felix and build a nice
simple example adding bundles and using them. The application I wanna
refactor to make extensive use of felix basically runs in a servletcontainer
and is shipped as a warfile. It seems a bit weak to me to use the osgi
HttpService as a lot of configurations for the container are not visible as
far as I can see. So anyway I'm interested in a "best practice" way to
integrate felix. Is it as simple as I think it would be just starting up a
new Felix instance (Felix f = new Felix() ... bla bla) within a context
listener and register several servlets in the web.xml which make use of
services provided by felix?

Am I on the wrong way with this approach?

best regards simon